London Oriana Choir signs Keychange pledge
The London Oriana Choir has signed up to the Keychange initiative founded by the PRS Foundation. Keychange is an international gender equality campaign which invests in emerging talent whilst encouraging festivals, conferences and a growing range of music organisations and institutions to sign up to a 50:50 by 2022 gender balance pledge.
London Oriana Choir has pledged to programme at least 50% works by women composers within its annual self-promoted concerts indefinitely. Additionally, for the remainder of its five15 scheme promoting the works of women composers, it has pledged to:
- Appoint female composers in residence and commission new works by women composers.
- Maintain a website highlighting our initiative to promote the work of women composers and including a database of works performed.
- Continue to release videos of the choir's performances of works by women composers.
- Professionally record the works of women composers, and
- Host a festival of the works of women composers in a high profile London venue.